Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the happy owner of anew 2011 Spydaer RTS Limited. I love it. I have had it a little over 2 weeks but haven't been able to ride it since it's been at the dealer for it's 600 mile service for days. No urgency to get it back to me from the dealer standpoint... I miss it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
New Spyder

Congrats on the new 2011 Limited. I also bought one in July. I made an appointment with my dealer for the 600 miles checkup. Took them about 4 hours but they also live 82 miles from my home. So, I went to lunch and took in a movie while they were working on it. Your dealer should have made an appointment for you. Ask them why they didn't. Hope you get your bike back soon.:)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I'd be jumping up and down and throwing my best "2 yr-old" tantrum... I admire your patience! :cool:
I had waited to take mine in so the 600 mile became an 1100 mile service while they also did the DPS recall and added some farkles that I ordered when I bought the bike. I did have to wait a couple of days for all of that and it made me miserable! :eek:
...But the next service was so quick that I was in and out in less than 2 hours... :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am the happy owner of anew 2011 Spydaer RTS Limited. I love it. I have had it a little over 2 weeks but haven't been able to ride it since it's been at the dealer for it's 600 mile service for days. No urgency to get it back to me from the dealer standpoint... I miss it.
Had mine serviced at 590 miles,Dealer took 1.5 hrs to service and change the park brake spring under warranty.Dealer does a great job except they should wash it for the 188.00 they charged!:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it back

I picked up my Spyder yesterday. It was a day after the appointment for service, so I had to wait another day.... The dealer must have sensed my frustration since they told me the service was "no charge". The bad thing is that our Minnesota weather has gotten cold in the meantime so morning rides are out for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am also from MN. Had it out this morning on my way to work when the thermometer said 36 degrees. Wore my winter coat; had the grip warmers on high and they actually got hot. I Love it!:)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!!!! Looking forward to pics when you get your ride back... call that dealer daily until they get tired of hearing from you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too had to make an appointment. Thus 600 mile check up was delayed to 700 miles at which time the oil and filters were changed by the Dealer. t took the Dealer over 4 hours. Upon exiting the dealership the semi auto trans clutch started slipping. Approximately 40 miles later the clutch completely burned out. Dealer swears he installed the Cam Am SPS Oil and filters from a Can Am kit.

Dealers explanation was that I must have over lugged the cycle causing the clutch to rapidly deteriorate. Service Manager claims I did not downshift proper. Thus I left it in fifth gear to long travelling at a lower than highway speed.

I attempted to explain that my cycle is a Semi Automatic and it automatically shifts down to a lower rpm and gear upon slowing down. Therefore the probability of lugging in most unlikely. In my flustration I ask if he had ridden one and he admitted he hadn't.

Well, it has been approximately three weeks and they still have not completed the clutch replacement. They are now claiming they need to obtain a special tool from Can AM to compress the clutch pad-plates.

I purchased mine the 1st of September. Drove it around town and allowed the Dealer to change the oil and filters at an unanticipated $220.00 charge. I don't know if they installed the wrong oil or perhaps installed a filter incorrectly. One thing is for certain they won't admit to what they did wrong and definately are lacking in service after the sale.

I hope you continue to have a most favorable ownership experience with yours.

Sincerely,
Shadow1

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Shadow, call BRP and rattle their cage... they need to know you're upset with the dealer, and with the lack of training of the mechanic. With it being under warranty, they should replace everything without cost to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts