Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, I just got my Roadster 3 weeks ago and all ready put little over 1000miles on it. Loving it. The only problem I have is when I ride for awhile and when I cut it off, come back after 10 or 15 mins. its hard to start. Took it to the dealer and it did with them. They run a code and nothing came up. They call Can-Am and they said it was the exhust gas going up into the air box, and that they are working on fixing it. They told the dealer that they put a fan on the 2011 to fix it. Well my is a 2010 and only had 16miles. My thing is if they fix the 2011 with a fan, then why can't they do the same with the 2010. Is anyone else having any problem like this and if so what did you do?
But all and all I do love riding it. The bike really handle the curves and it is fun to ride.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Patty!!

Sorry to hear about the hard start issue. If they've fixed it on the '11, they should be coming out with a recall to fix it on the '10 as well, I would think. Not that it helps you now. I'm hoping someone else will come along with a quick fix for you - I ride an '08 RS so know nothing about it.

When you get time, we'd love to see pics!!

Sass

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hi Patty!
My 2010 RT sometimes takes its time getting going after it has sat for just a little while also... A little extra grinding on the starter brings it to life though... I was told that for 2011 they changed some stuff in the fuel injection system so that it actually holds the throttle bodies closed for a period of time when it's been shut off. It DOES sound a bit like a fan running...
Oh well... just another excuse to shop for an upgrade! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts