Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
632 Posts
Cold and rainy... a great time to clean!

For tires and wheels I use a wheel cleaner and a soft wheel brush for the wheels and stiff brush for the tires... then rinse them clean with water - I use the same cleaner on both the tires and wheels, it's cheap and seems to work fine W/O making the tires shine like they are fake:Turtle Wax Wheel Cleaner.

For all the tupperware parts I wash with any quality auto cleaner and a soft sponge, dry with a soft cotton towel or chamois, and then spray it with Meguiars A-3316 Auto Detailer Spray Wax. It works great. Meguiars A-3316 Auto Spray Wax, Auto Spray Wash Funny, I can't find this on the Mequiar site? I also use a net car wash bucket that has a "grit guard" grate in the bottom which allows the dirt to settle and keeps the sponge in the clean(er) water. http://www.autogeek.net/car-wash-bucket.html?gclid=CMq_tbiXsagCFQImbAod3GgzHw

For the windshield and lights I use Meguiars clear plastic detailer and a microfiber cloth... again I do not see it on their site? It does nice job of getting the bugs off W/O scratching the clear plastic Meguiar's Direct - Motorcycle

I usually get the stuff from WalMart... so maybe Meguiars sells different named product through retailers?

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome to the party, Jaynorg! :D

I'd rather ryde than clean, so my RT usually looks like a streesweeper parked on it during a rainstorm... :eek:
But when I have to, I use Meguier's quick detailer and a couple of soft cloths...

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome, Jay! Congrats on your new toy - hope your weather warms up soon so you too can be out on the roads with the rest of us!!

We use Finishing Touch Crystal Clear Wash & Wax. Also, there's some stuff in a spray can, I think its called Plexus or something like that, which we use on the windshield. Works great on the face mask of the helmet, too.

Seems the bugs are well attracted to the Spyder and I'm washing mine more often than I was the bike. Can't decide if its because Spyders eat bugs, or if its because she's yellow. Either way, the result is the same... bug juice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.