Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a deposit on a new leftover '09 SM5 tomorrow. I have the option of leaving the phantom kit on it or have the dealer put the stock yellow plastic back on for a grand less. Oh the choices..The only option on the bike now that will be left on it are fog lights. Dont think ill ever be riding in the fog, but ya never know.

I have very little riding experance. rode the heck out of a mini bike, and putted around on a 125cc dirt bike for maybe 20 min or so when i was a pup in the late '70s. I also went 2 Dmv today and got my learners permit, so im a true newbee.

I've been scouring the internet for accessories and compiling a rather lenghtly wish list. I think the first items will be the handle bar riser and a taller windshield.

Any advice and or tips would be welcomed.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The foglights are stayin, and I got him to sell me the phantom kit for cost, so i may just have him keep it on there.

The wife said the wish list will cost more than the spyder itself..lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I ride an '09 SM5 as well. Get ready to make friends every time you stop. And sometimes when you don't. :) I had a guy talking to me at a red light the other day and he didn't care that the light turned green...he had more questions, and he was going to ask them.
It's a lot of fun. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.. Took the wife and daughter to the dealer tonight.. Daughter likes it, wife was holding onto her pocketbook like someone was tryin to snatch it as I was lookin at the helmets and other goodies.
Still undecided if im gonna keep the phantom kit or not. Like to spend that $$ on other goodies. But the phantom kit looks good. I like the looks of the yellow too. If it was red, id nix the phantom kit for sure..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the Y Factor Family!!

Mine is yellow - I really like it. Extra visibility is a total plus - the better we're seen, the less chance of being run off the road. That's my thought, anyway.

My suggestion is for mirror extensions. That was my first purchase. Though you'll want to see about the windshield first, because if you go with the touring model that has the wind guard for your hands as well, there's one kind of extension that will work. The other will not. My pic has the windshield I'm talking about.

Hopefully your wife will enjoy your new toy as much as you already do!! Post pics once you've brought it home... we love pics! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum and to the Y Factor Family!!

Mine is yellow - I really like it. Extra visibility is a total plus - the better we're seen, the less chance of being run off the road. That's my thought, anyway.

My suggestion is for mirror extensions. That was my first purchase. Though you'll want to see about the windshield first, because if you go with the touring model that has the wind guard for your hands as well, there's one kind of extension that will work. The other will not. My pic has the windshield I'm talking about.

Hopefully your wife will enjoy your new toy as much as you already do!! Post pics once you've brought it home... we love pics! :D
A taller windshield is definatly on the to of the list. There is a smoke shield that is lower then the stock one on it now...if i was 20 again maybe, but I want comfort. I get the yellow tupperware with it, so I may change it out once in a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts