Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my Goldwing for an RTS today. On the drive home the check engine light went on in the rain. So I learned how to take of the side panel to check the oil since that light came on. Hopefully the future will be more pleasant. I look forward to learning from the forum.

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome to the party Wil! :D I think that most of us have heard of initial rides being interrrupted by limp modes and check engine stuff... :eek: My own personal view is that this comes from lack of prep at the dealer level...:mad: Note any and all issues and give them a call PDQ; then make sure that they address each and every one of them!:cool:

· Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the party Wil! :D I think that most of us have heard of initial rides being interrrupted by limp modes and check engine stuff... :eek: My own personal view is that this comes from lack of prep at the dealer level...:mad: Note any and all issues and give them a call PDQ; then make sure that they address each and every one of them!:cool:
I couldn't agree with Bob more, since I had my RT-S for 2 days and only 89 miles when multiple lights came on (DPS and VSS failure) as well as Limp Home mode. I didn't know enought then to try turning the bike off, waiting a minute and turning it back on, so I had it towed to the dealer. They had to 're-calibrate the computers' and 'tighten some things' and it has been working fine since then. I think they were in a rush to deliver it and as a result, everything wasn't in top condition to ride more than just around the block. I am VERY HAPPY with my Spyder now, though! :D

· Registered
571 Posts
I had the DPS light turn on 3 times on left turns. The dealer was clueless and claimed that they could not see any codes when plugging into the computer. I was not impressed, but based on this forum I increased the air pressure in the front tires from 14PSI to 20PSI. I stopped getting the DPS faults and the handling we from being twitchy to rock solid.

I think that the dealers really don't have much experience with the Spyders yet. Spyders have a lot of different stuff from traditional motorcycles and the mechanics need to get special training. My local dealer claims to have mechanics totaling more that 20 years experience. I'm pretty sure that not much of that is with Spyders!

This forum has been super helpful for me so far.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome, Will!

Sorry to hear you had trouble on the maiden voyage. That's frustrating. Hopefully the fix will be quick and easy, and you'll go on to enjoy your new ryde along with the rest of us!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.