Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I know there's a few of you out there, so I thought I would introduce myself.

I just purchased my RTS two weeks ago, and have been thoroughly enjoying it so far, weather permitting! I've put about 400 km on it, and am starting to feel quite comfortable.

I spotted one Spyder last weekend in Chilliwack, only got a quick glimpse, but I think it was an RS in grey and black going over the Yale Rd. overpass. I almost started to wave wildly, then realized I would just look like a crazy lady in a Highlander waving! LOL

My husband rides a Harley, and I'm not sure yet how the HOG group is going to take to my new ride. Anyway, hope to get to meet some other Spyder owners in the Lower Mainland, and maybe get together to ride.

Cheers!

·
Registered
94 Posts
hello from PoCo

got a silver 2010 RT SE-5 which I bought last September - loving it but not many on the roads that I can see around - in fact only seen 3 so far. There is of course Paladin who is a lower mainlander and has a gorgeous white LTD all tricked out - I hear it can be seen from space when all his lights are on!! hehehe.

some of the folks I used to ride with when I had my VTX1300 have disappeared but I don't care - I have fun riding Spydy alone or with other bikes - their loss not mine!

Welcome - maybe we'll catch up on the road and if you're looking for someone else to ride with I'd be happy to come out your way and go for a run somewhere. Feel free to drop me an email on here I work full-time in the week so only get weekends and evenings to ride.

Jane

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings!

Hi Jane,

It's great to find another woman rider! Would definitely love to get together for a ride sometime. I wish the weather would cooperate a little better, or riding season is going to be the shortest ever. Last year wasn't great either.

I've been reading Paladin's posts about their road trip to California. Sounds like the weather's been making their trip "interesting".

Do you have some favourite routes that you ride? Out here in the Valley we will often do the back roads of Mission & Abbotsford - nice twists and turns. We did that last weekend. Sometimes in the summer we'll do a day trip to Spence's Bridge or Kamloops, but I haven't yet done that on my Spyder, just on the back of hubby's Harley.

I also really want to get down to Washington - they have some really nice roads to travel. Spydaryda from down there introduced herself, and suggested to ride together sometime. Maybe we could all meet up for that too.

I also work most weekdays, and ride evenings and weekends.

Hope to ride together soon!:)

Liz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Ladies !

Would you all like to meet for aride sometime in the near future as it gets more sunny? . I live in Mount Vernon about an hr half drive from the border.

I have riden some back roads this side and love them. Have had my spyda since June 2009 rode it quite abit in 2010 even during the winter and rode it quite a bit last summer. ( mostly on short runs ) I ride alone would love to meet people to ride with.

Planning to ride it across the border sometime soon . My Mom and sister are
Canadian citzens I was a resident of Canada in the early '90s Now am a US
citizen .

Riding a motorcycle/trike has been a dream since my teenage years. Now I can cross it off my " BUCKET LIST " ( I bet ya seen the movie )

Take care all you Spyda gals.

·
Registered
94 Posts
spydy is back from the shop.....

and I have the flu - the first really decent weekend and I am stuck with the chills and sneezes and ended up in bed all day friday.... today I managed to do some potting of my planters and tubs and it's all I can handle - am hoping that maybe sunday I will feel well enough to go for a run!

hope you ladies have been able to get out and about! recall work was done ono mine at the shop so now I know the brake pin issue is taken care of I can ride like a demon - LOL

hope to see you both on the road soon! Paladin's ryde was in the shop when I picked mine up and there were 2 others on the hoists as well.

Jane

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally some nice weather!

and I have the flu - the first really decent weekend and I am stuck with the chills and sneezes and ended up in bed all day friday.... today I managed to do some potting of my planters and tubs and it's all I can handle - am hoping that maybe sunday I will feel well enough to go for a run!

Jane
Hi Jane,

Too bad that you've been sick, just as our weather is finally starting to improve. Hope that you're feeling better now!

I did manage to get out this weekend, and it was really spectacular. Rode both Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday, we made it a family affair, with my 14-year old daughter on the back of the Spyder with me, and my 12-year old son on the back of my husband's Harley. We got lots of smiles as we drove to Rolley Lake, outside Mission. We did a nice hike around the lake, then out for lunch and home. Lots of fun.

I only spotted one other Spyder out of literally hundreds of bikes on the road. It was a guy on a black RS out by the roundabout to Harrison Hot Springs on Saturday.

Did you manage to get out on Sunday?

Maybe now that the weather is more predictable, some rides can be planned. Anyone who's close enough to participate, chime in and we'll see what we can arrange!

Liz

·
Registered
8 Posts
New Okanagan Spyder Rider in Pentiction

Hello Spydergrrl

I loved your post especially the part about the crazy waving lady
- totally something I would do.
I just got my RT a few weeks ago and love it.

My husband drives a Sportster and we have thoroughly enjoyed cruising around the southern Okanagan. My "Bug" really turns heads when we cruise to Tickleberrys for icecream or pull into a winery for lunch.

Happy Cruisin'

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Summer's here!

Welcome OK Spyder!

I bet it's fabulous touring around the Okanagan. We'll have to try to get up there sometime on the bikes.

If you ever have any thought of coming down here for a ride, please send me a PM, and we could get together and show you some of our roads. We would love to get away, but still have kids at home who need supervision, so our overnight riding is limited. I've met up with one couple from the Spyderlovers boards who live quite near to me, and we went for a ride last weekend that was really nice.

Anyone on here who is interested in getting together for an evening or weekend ride, I'd love to hear from you. We'll be away from July 22nd to 29th, but don't have many other plans for the summer. Maybe even a group of us could put together a ride at a mutually agreeable location.

Anyway, happy riding to everyone!

Liz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the Welcome

We love touring around the Okanagan. We love to head up into the hills when it is hot down in the valley. Would love to tour with you if we ever get the chance. This is a busy time for visiters to the Okanagan and I work a lot of weekends :(
We are both originally from the lower mainland and know the area well. We call our "Bug" our convertible 'Smart Car' and the other day a Smart Car parked beside my Spyder and I think I am as big and have as much storage as they did!
But I KNOW we have a lot more fun then them driving around in one of those.
Thanks again and Happy Cruisin'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts