Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!! New owner. I have had my 2008 spyder for about 3 weeks now. When it is running good, it is a blast. But I have been having some issues with it running very rough at a cruising speed in any gear between 3500-4000. I took it to the dealer and was told that after the steering recall service was performed, on a few units there was a fuel system mod/computer reprogramming that needed to be done. So, they went ahead and did the reprogram, and put the new part on. Now, it is even worse. It died on me at a light, while just idling in neutral. Then after shifting into 2nd, I pull on the throttle and there is no power there at all like it is mis-firing. Has anyone else had any issues with this? I plan on taking it back in this week, but this is getting annoying. It has been in the shop more than out. HELP!! Thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Wow! I really hate it when computerized machines don't work as they should... There has got to be some sort of diagnostic port that they can plug into to see where the problem is... and I'd be standing there watching them while they poke around!:( In the good old days, (When NOTHING ran right!), yuo could unbolt a carb and beat it against a rock to clear out any crap that was cloggin up an orifice... :eek:
Good luck and please let us know what you find out!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all!! New owner. I have had my 2008 spyder for about 3 weeks now. When it is running good, it is a blast. But I have been having some issues with it running very rough at a cruising speed in any gear between 3500-4000. I took it to the dealer and was told that after the steering recall service was performed, on a few units there was a fuel system mod/computer reprogramming that needed to be done. So, they went ahead and did the reprogram, and put the new part on. Now, it is even worse. It died on me at a light, while just idling in neutral. Then after shifting into 2nd, I pull on the throttle and there is no power there at all like it is mis-firing. Has anyone else had any issues with this? I plan on taking it back in this week, but this is getting annoying. It has been in the shop more than out. HELP!! Thank you!!!!
Did you ever get the problem fixed,What did they do? My stupid Dealer says their is nothing is wrong,because no codes show up."HELP".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts