Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Just bought a 2011 RT-AC from ProShop in Las Vegas on the 21st. Already have about 500 miles on it. Not looking forward to the 600 mile service and paying again so soon :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Arr!!!

I'll bet the weather is perfect for riding in your area this time of year. Glad you're enjoying! Let's see some pics when you get a chance! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Arr- excellent choice. I bought my RT from Ride Now in Las Vegas in June and it is a blast. You are right- the service calls are expensive but if you ride the Spyder you got to pay the price!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Arr- excellent choice. I bought my RT from Ride Now in Las Vegas in June and it is a blast. You are right- the service calls are expensive but if you ride the Spyder you got to pay the price!
Not a fan of RideNow. Almost bought a tip em over bike from them a few years ago. deal fell through because the whole thing just didnt feel right. A week later I got a yamaha credit card in the mail. Had a zero balance. but if there was no deal there should have been no card open.

A month later the escrow on my mortgage got recalculated. I ended up with a big shortage and my bill going up over 200$. So.. I wouldn't have been able to pay for the bike anyways. I love having good instincts.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not much a fan of Ridenow either. My 600 miles maint was garbage. They didn't know they had to change the transmission oil filter. Big goat rope.

They offered to do my 3000 mile for free, but I had to store my bike a bit. Once I get closer to 3000, I'll see if they'll keep their word, but without the oil change, since I just did one to store it. Doesn't see like they are well trained to work on the bike or up to date with the maintenance bulletins.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Id recommend checking out ProShops on Lake Mead in Henderson for service. They are a platinum level cam am dealer and actually know how to service the bikes. Its where I bought my bike, and though i havent taken it in for its 600 mile service yet, its been in for a few very minor issues and everything was resolved extremely quickly. One of the minor issues was a build quality issue with the left front fender, in which it was trying to come off. They actually took a fender off a display model to replace it! They've been great to me so far and I can't say enough good things about them. Even put up with my window shopping for 3 years before I finally bought a bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts