Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am the proud new owner of a R/T limited and it is the best thing I have ever rode. I now have 1000 + miles on it and it seams to only get better. Yes I am an old 2 wheel rider that is to stove up to handle one any more so did not know what I was gone to to because I do love to ride. I went to buy my daughter a new bike (her first) when there I talked to the sales man about the spyder and totally fell in love with it--bought it and the love is getting stronger every day. I told the wife that after 34 yrs of marriage I needed a new love. Ha Ha No for real she is happy because it gets me off my butt and out of her hair.
I sure would like to meet some other Spyder--riders in the Houston area with the possibly of going on some rides together.
See Ya
Santa

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Boy, it's sure a pleasure to meet you Santa! :D (I forgot what I wanted to ask for...:eek:)

Welcome to our little corner of the universe! :cool: Those Limiteds sure are gorgeous...
So what did you buy for your daughter?? Does your Wife ride with you on the limited? What bikes have you owned in the past? Did you have any problems adapting to the Y Platform?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Bob, Ya I must say the Limiteds are the best of the best for sure. I have had all kinds of bikes except a HD about the only one I have not owned, always out of my reach and now I can afford one it is to much for me to handle so the Spyder is just right. I had very little problems adapting I think because I have riden snowmobiles and it is only a snowmobil with wheels, I say. I weigh about 300# the wife around 200# so togeather we max out the bike and it is a little, let say uncompfortable. I bought the daughter a Yamaha Tmax 2011 boy I tell you that is quite a schooter for sure.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Well, Santa, now that I know what you ryde, this Grinch will have an easier time spotting you on your rounds!! :D

Oklahoma City area here - though I'm sure we've got some Texas folks.

The weight limit listed in my manual on the Spyder is 440 lbs, though I ryde an RS... you may want to check and see what limit they've suggested in your manual. Has Mrs. Claus thought about trading in a reindeer for her own Spyder? She may like it as much as you do, and you would both have a bit more wiggle room in the saddle!

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I hate to say this, but maybe you should have bought a RED RTS.... :D :)
One of our clients just bought a TMax... pretty neat ride! :cool: If this is her first one it should make her an nice platform for learning... :cool:

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys think about it red on red would not look good now would it----come around Christmas time I will post a couple of pic. of what I use to drive (at Christmas time) around Houston and then a couple of me in the suit on my Spyder now, I think the red suit on a white bike will look good.
Santa

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Gotta admit, that's thinking ahead!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.