Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. A week ago if you told me I'd be here I'm sure I would have rolled my eyes. What a difference a week makes. A week ago today my wife had an accident on her motorcycle. Bad accident that thankfully ended mainly with a sprained ankle and frayed nerves. An advanced rider with more than 20 years experience she immediately asked me what she was going to get next. I said "what about a Spyder?" That launched a week of research.

Today I test rode a RS and realized it would be a suitable replacement at least to try. We've also spent years riding ATVs and the Spyder felt very familiar. So I did a little more research found a left over 2010 and placed a deposit. I'll pick it up on Monday in Pennsylvania.

It's will be her primary ride, but I'm sure I'll ride it a fair amount myself. Looking forward to giving it a try. Will be taking it up to Nova Scotia in August so as soon as her ankle lets her shift again she'll be off and riding.

· Premium Member
3,861 Posts
The truly important thing is that she's going to be okay... and is already looking for the next bike! :D
What dealer in PA are you buying from? I got my RT A&C from Rusty Palmer's in Honesdale...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The truly important thing is that she's going to be okay... and is already looking for the next bike! :D
What dealer in PA are you buying from? I got my RT A&C from Rusty Palmer's in Honesdale...
Picked it up yesterday at Blackmans Cycle Center in Allentown. Good enough deal it was worth the 200+ mile trip. Had a good experience with the dealership. Taking it home via back roads, thunder storms and night riding was quite an introduction to the bike. I've experienced more conditions than intended on my first long Spyder ride. Interesting bike, has a lot of potential.

· Registered
6 Posts
Greetings. My wife is the Spyder rider in our family as well.09 RS SE5. She had tried the two wheel route, took the course offered by ABATE etc. Just not her thing. Last year she saw a Spyder and hasn't been on the back of my Concours since. I hope your wife enjoys the bike and the new riding style. Riding in the Rockies is a treat and it's hard to keep up with her now. I know VA has some great rides as well. Cheers.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dirt Dad!!

Good to hear your wife wasn't hurt. Scary even when you already know its not if you wreck, its when.

I love my Spyder. My husband can ride it whenever he wants, but prefers any one of his two-wheeled fleet, which works out perfectly!!

Pictures when you get a chance would be duly drooled over...... :D

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum, Dirt Dad!!

Good to hear your wife wasn't hurt. Scary even when you already know its not if you wreck, its when.

I love my Spyder. My husband can ride it whenever he wants, but prefers any one of his two-wheeled fleet, which works out perfectly!!

Pictures when you get a chance would be duly drooled over...... :D
Thanks for the welcome. Must admit I've never viewed motorcycling as a "you will someday crash" type activity. I've managed to avoid it for 30+ years, but I know better than to say it will never happen to me. I'll just keep doing my best to try to avoid adding to the statistics.

Don't have many pictures yet, but here's one of the first.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
There's no way to anticipate what every other driver out there is going to do, so I've found its better to be as aware as possible and ready for the accident in case its time to tuck, duck and roll. My husband and I had a tire blow out while we were on the highway, two up. Sometimes the accident is just there.

Having said that, 30+ years without one is a great record!! Keep it up! :D

Ooh, ahhhhhhh......What a beautiful blue......... love it!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.