Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just joined from Canada and have been reading some great info. Sold the harley and looking to purchase a 2022 spyder rt limited. It sure seems that are pretty decent motorcycles. Is there anything I need to know on these machines for breaking in. Thanks

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,982 Posts
Pretty much standard recommendations for breaking in: Don't beat it for the first 600 miles or so.

AND.....the feel is entirely different than on 2 wheels.
It is NOT a true "motorcycle".
A test drive is HIGHLY recommended.......but that first ride can be kind of scary.

· Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad you decided to join us.

Second the value of a test drive.
If there is a place or someone in your area that rents them, would consider spending a day on one. Sometimes it is difficult to determine if you will like that make and model with just a few mile test drive.

Good luck.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,982 Posts
Do you have a definition of a 'true' motor cycle, ER?
Is that a serious question.......or are you just trying to stir up trouble ??

"Cycle" comes from the word bicycle, which by definition is a 2 wheeled vehicle.
When most people hear "motorcycle" they think of a 2 wheeled vehicle.

The point IS: That a vehicle with 3 wheels feels, handles and rides DIFFERENT than a classic 2 wheeled vehicle.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,982 Posts
Thanks fellas going to Wait til the weather warms and snow melts and dealler said I can take on a good cruise. It does sound like most people do enjoy them. Thanks again
Before you go out on a "good cruise", make sure you are mostly comfortable puttering around the parking lot or on side streets. I almost ran off the road several times on my first test ride.

· Registered
2016 F3 T
12 Posts
Hello everyone, just joined from Canada and have been reading some great info. Sold the harley and looking to purchase a 2022 spyder rt limited. It sure seems that are pretty decent motorcycles. Is there anything I need to know on these machines for breaking in. Thanks

welcome from over here in snowy Ontario, after a 8 inch snow fall last night might be a day or two til can ride again LOL

stay safe and enjoy your new ride

Rob

· Premium Member
2020 F3Ltd
28 Posts
Is that a serious question.......or are you just trying to stir up trouble ??

"Cycle" comes from the word bicycle, which by definition is a 2 wheeled vehicle.
When most people hear "motorcycle" they think of a 2 wheeled vehicle.

The point IS: That a vehicle with 3 wheels feels, handles and rides DIFFERENT than a classic 2 wheeled vehicle.
Just wondering, that's all. Our state gevernments have differeing ideas as do many riders/ryders. I like ryder and trycycle but my dictionary likes tricycle:
1. a three-wheeled cycle, esp one driven by pedals
2. a three-wheeler for invalids
3. ˈtricyclist, ˈtricycler n
The world changes along with engineering advancements and I appreciate the variations. I'm not a great appreciator of changing our language and the meaning of particular words, let alone trashing it into 'whatever sounds good'.

As you choose ER. Simply wondering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts