Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm getting a 2012 RTS in March is there anything I should have add to it or buy extra?
this will be my first bike 35 years can you recommend any riding gear?:confused:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, DB!! Congrats on your choice to ride again... and I like the way you're thinking - gear is a good place to start. Required to wear before we'll get on our bikes here are helmet, gloves, jacket and boots. Pants are optional... riding pants, that is!! :D

Brands are personal preference; I'm sure others will be along with recommendations on that. I'm a fan of Joe Rocket jackets myself.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Pants are optional... :D I never got that memo! :eek:
As far as riding gear; safety and protection should be at least on an even par with comfort, and a step ahead of styling...
If you can get to a motorcycle dealership that has a well-stock apparel section; grab a sales persion and have them help you first find a helmet that fits correctly... then move to the jacket, then gloves... then the aforementioned pants! :D
Other extras??? The sky is the limit!
Talk to Paladin or Arr Mihardees about extras... :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bob, you never got the memo about optional pants?! Where've you been?! :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congats & Welcome

All the gear is good to have, but when was the last time you taken a safety class? A refresher course is preferred at least every three years. there is also an advanced riders course for your New purchase in your owners manual. Check with local dealers to see if they may have one set up for you to practice on, or if they can set one up for you. I actually learned how to straddle a pipe in the road without damaging, tires nor bike. Never thought I needed it but....the technique came in handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts