Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just picked up my new-to-me Spyder this weekend. I bought a 2008 Spyder GS from a private seller, and I am loving it! I am switching to the Spyder from a sport bike (2001 Kaw ZR7S). I live in North Dakota, and I will be hurrying to get all the riding in that I can before winter hits.

I want to replace the windshield with a bit taller one, so I will be browsing through posts looking for advice on the best one.

I am glad to have found this community as a resource!

Jenn

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Jenn!

Ooh, love the yellow... that's my favorite! I, too, ride an '08 RS. Sure are a lot of fun!!! Your height will play into what size windshield you'll want. I'm in Oklahoma and have put on my taller windshield for the temperatures as they come down, but prefer the shortie for the summer.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Really!! I didn't realize you could get one for the RS. Dang it, there's something else to add to the loooong list of things Mama wants! Thanks, Bob! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update... I got a Madstad shield and LOVE it!!

Next is an aftermarket exhaust. My stock one has chipping paint.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Do you only want an exhaust that does not have chipped paint?

Do you want louder?

More power?

Shinny?

Tell us more so we can give better information.

One a side note, many of the aftermarket exhausts require a performance chip. So be fore warned that it may be more expensive than you thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My stock pipe is chipping paint - I attached an image. I actually like the sound of it and am nervous changing it out. I am not keen on the idea of needing a performance chip. I have no problems no matter how I ride the bike with the stock pipe. My only issue is how crappy it looks with paint coming off. I've thought about spray painting it with high heat paint, but I don't know how that will turn out. I've thought that the "easier" (although not cheapest) fix is an aftermarket pipe.

So which aftermarket exhaust don't require the chip?

Any suggestions on how to fix the stock exhaust?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts