Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Sharon. I am a Can Am Spyder fanatic. I don't own one yet. I have to graduate from the Radiology program at a local college first (this May). I joined this forum to get all of the information I need in selecting the Spyder for me.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope to have my Spyder RT Limited by the end of this month. Ordered it last October and its been a long wait. The best suggestion I can give you is to find a dealer close to you that has a demo unit and take a test ride. I prefer the more upright riding position on the RT. The RS is more sporty but I didn't like the riding position much. Felt it could get uncomfortable on long rides. I have been riding 2 wheel motorcycles for most of my life. After my first demo ride I wasn't sure I liked how it handled but a week later I took the Spyder RT out for a longer ride. By the time I got back to the dealership I was hooked. Placed the order and have been anxiously waiting ever since.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hi Sharon :D
We're glad that you found us! Is the Spyder going to be your graduation present to yourself? Just remember: More than half of the fun is in the shopping!
Do you have much experience riding motorcycles? If so; you'll have to "shift gears" because the Spyder actually rides more like an ATV or snowmobile than a motorcycle.
If you're into a sportier ride, look a the RS model. If comfort and a relaxed style is more you, then maybe the RT might be in your future.
Transmissions? the manual is great if you like shifting a bike up through the gears. The semi-automatic makes just cruising an almost effortless pastime.
So have fun picking out the right bike, transmission and color!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question?

I like the sporty look, but concerned about the seat that leans you forward a little. Can the seat from the RT be put on an RS?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like the sporty look, but concerned about the seat that leans you forward a little. Can the seat from the RT be put on an RS?
Don't know for sure but would guess no. I don't think you would want to even if it were possible. If you like the RT seat you need to go with the RT. If you lean a bit more toward a sportbike then it's the RS. I suggest you take a test ride on both if that is possible in your area. Only then will you know if you have made the best choice. David

·
Registered
306 Posts
No the RT seat will not fit the RS but there are other seats out there that can give that much comfort. BRP comfort seat, Russell, Corbin, etc make touring type seats for the RS.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Sharon!!

I just bought my Spyder over the weekend and brought her home yesterday. Wasn't sure about the angle of lean, either, but turns out its plenty comfortable. The guys are spot-on, if you can test drive the different models, you'll be happier with your purchase when you get ready to buy.

Purely a girl question: Have you decided on a color? (Mine's yellow!!) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts