Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. i'm Robin from the Jersey Shore. I presently have a Vespa 250 GTS i.e. and a 650 Burgman Exec. that my husband triked out for me. I have fell in love with the Spyder RT S. It looks like it will be my spring project. my target date is by April of 2011. I have a couple of questions. How is the handling? Although my Burgman was triked the handling was not the greatest. Beautiful machine just not meant to e triked. Also, how is your gas milage? I'm assuming with the extra weight the milage would be less. Are there any dealers in the tri-state area that you would recommend? I've only been to one and I would like to visit others. Sorry, my last question would you buy another spyder? They look like awesome bikes and with my hand issue the use of the foot brake is perfect. I hope to have this bike for many years to come. Thanks for any information you can give me. I know this is no small purchase so I want to have all the facts I can in advance. Thanks again.

Robin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Jersey Girl

I have had my RS SM5 for a few weeks. I'm in Brick very close to the Pt Pleasant border. Stop by and you and hubby can check er out. I can share a copy of the repair manual so hubby can look at the nuts n bolts under the skin.
Email [email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you that would be awesome. We live in Lakewood by 9 & 70 not too far from where you are. My husband is the mechanic in the family. We'll have to give you a shout. Thanks again. Have you ever dealt with Extreme Motor Sports in Millstone?

Robin

·
Registered
13 Posts
... Also, how is your gas milage? I'm assuming with the extra weight the milage would be less. ...would you buy another spyder? They look like awesome bikes and with my hand issue the use of the foot brake is perfect. ... Robin
Welcome, Robin! We've only had our RT-S since the beginning of July, but I can tell you for a certainty, we would do it again for sure. The gas mileage is disappointing, varying between 30-35 mpg, mostly depending upon speed and roads. But my wife and I ride two-up, and it's very, very comfortable. Handling is good; there are certainly no problems. But it takes more effort to corner than a 2 wheeler that leans over. I've only got about 3,200 miles, but we made a trip from Michigan to Vermont and home with zero problems and lots of fun!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hi Robin! My Missus and I have been enjoying our RT A&C model since the beginning of July as well and have absolutely no regrets over this purchase. No big-mileage trips like Dan, but we've been getting between 33 and 37mpg... (I guess that I'm just a bit lighter on the "loud lever..." :eek:) The nandling is really great when compared to any other conventional Trike. The 2011 modles look to have some nice improvements, so have fun shopping!! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you that would be awesome. We live in Lakewood by 9 & 70 not too far from where you are. My husband is the mechanic in the family. We'll have to give you a shout. Thanks again. Have you ever dealt with Extreme Motor Sports in Millstone?

Robin
Yes my spyder came from xtreme machines. They seem to be a good dealership, with a good reputation. And we are close! Yeah give me a shout on a sat or sunday afternoon and we can go out in the country so you and hubby can sample the spyder. Its a different experience but I'm guessing you may like it.:) [email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses, can't wait. I guess it will be the 2011's that I'll be looking at which is fine by me. The dealer says there is not much difference between 2010 & 2011. It sounds like the ride is solid and as far as gas milage it's better than my Jeep Wrangler which only gets about 15 on a good day. Thanks again for all of your input. I'm sold.

Robin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Robin

I live in Whiting not far from you. Don't have an RT have a 2008 RS but you would be welcome to come test drive it at any time. We like a dealer that is located in Bensalem, Pa., East Coast Cycle Center. Been dealing with them for a couple of years and they are very helpful. They will let you test the RT as long as you have a helmet and a motorcycle license.

NJERNIE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts