Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Thank you for having me on your forum. I have preordered a 2023 Can Am Spyder RT Limited. Will be receiving it around April 2023 (winter will be long over here in Quebec/Canada…). I have read in a few different places on the Web that theses machines have their final build/installations done at the dealer (is this true?). If so what should I look for quality work by the dealer? I read that a lot of Spyder are out of wheel alignment when delivered. Is this true? Will I have to pay extra to have a perfect wheel alignment? Anything else should I be looking for before taking possession?

Thank you for any input.
A futur Spyder rider
Andre

· Registered
89 Posts
Most pre-1km problems are due to improper dealer preparation (which includes rear suspension assembly among other items) rather than BRP manufacturing. Therefore your first step is ascertaining the quality of the dealership service department. That's where most of your problems (hopefully none) would begin.

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,751 Posts
A laser alignment is always a good idea........because the BRP alignment procedure and spec. is a joke.
Pay for it if you have to. Not all dealers have the equipment.

Then, when it comes time to pick it up, have someone take you there that has a few hours to spare so you can to an extended "test ride" and can leave it right then if anything isn't right.

P.S. Estimated ship dates have been WAY off lately. Hope yours shows up close to the promised date.
I don't think I would EVER buy something that I can't see a sample of first.
What if there is something about the design that you just HATE ????

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Thank you for having me on your forum. I have preordered a 2023 Can Am Spyder RT Limited. Will be receiving it around April 2023 (winter will be long over here in Quebec/Canada…). I have read in a few different places on the Web that theses machines have their final build/installations done at the dealer (is this true?). If so what should I look for quality work by the dealer? I read that a lot of Spyder are out of wheel alignment when delivered. Is this true? Will I have to pay extra to have a perfect wheel alignment? Anything else should I be looking for before taking possession?

Thank you for any input.
A futur Spyder rider
Andre
I purchased a 2022 RTL in Jan 2022 and I received it in June. I heard some units get to the dealer with some parts missing, like electronic parts, etc. The dealer here in Virginia put all the parts together including alignment, so it's ready to go. The only thing I was missing was the driver backrest & I got it, 5 months later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts