Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a test ride and a couple of weeks of reading reviews and these forums, I took the plunge last weekend and purchased my RTS.

The first afternoon was absolutely fabulous - the Spyder is just so much fun, yet stable and confidence-inspiring.

I'm really looking forward to the summer of riding ahead, and hopefully getting to know some of the members here. Everyone seems to have a lot of really good information, and such a passion for riding.

Cheers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
After a test ride and a couple of weeks of reading reviews and these forums, I took the plunge last weekend and purchased my RTS.

The first afternoon was absolutely fabulous - the Spyder is just so much fun, yet stable and confidence-inspiring.

I'm really looking forward to the summer of riding ahead, and hopefully getting to know some of the members here. Everyone seems to have a lot of really good information, and such a passion for riding.

Cheers!
Welcome! I'm new here and also noticed how resourceful this website can be and how passionate the enthusiasts are here. I knew this forum was worth signing up on!

Looking forward to updates on your Can-am, is RTS the first can-am you've owned?

Welcome to our little slice of the pie! :D
You DO realize that we'll be needing to see some pictures of your new pride and joy... :cool:
I was just about to say................. pic's!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for the warm welcomes!

This RTS is the first Spyder I've owned. My husband rides a Harley, and I did try the whole motorcycle thing - I took a riding course, and had a Virago 250, but I never really felt like I was having fun.

The Spyder feels like all the fun, but none of the stress, of riding a motorcycle. We also ride quads, so it feels like that, but if you ride a quad around a corner on pavement at 80 km/hr, you tend to crash, so this is better :D

I will post pics soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, thanks for the warm welcomes!

This RTS is the first Spyder I've owned. My husband rides a Harley, and I did try the whole motorcycle thing - I took a riding course, and had a Virago 250, but I never really felt like I was having fun.

The Spyder feels like all the fun, but none of the stress, of riding a motorcycle. We also ride quads, so it feels like that, but if you ride a quad around a corner on pavement at 80 km/hr, you tend to crash, so this is better :D

I will post pics soon.
Tell that hubby of yours if he is going to ride with you he will have to dump that run of the mill Harley................:) Enjoy the Spyder looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Grrl!

I know where you're coming from... I took the class, then rode a Yamaha Virago 750 for a couple years. Found my Spyder and haven't looked back. I'm having more fun now than I did the other 2 years. :)

No worries on the guys giving you trouble over your husband staying on two wheels... my hubby's a BMW guy himself. Though he has been known to take my Spyder to town for a quick run since its usually in the front of the garage!

·
Registered
97 Posts
No worries on the guys giving you trouble over your husband staying on two wheels... my hubby's a BMW guy himself. Though he has been known to take my Spyder to town for a quick run since its usually in the front of the garage!
Shh............. don't tell the wife but it appears she may have been correct when she said that woman have better taste then men?:eek:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
She probably doesn't need to be told she's right... I'm guessing she knows! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you crossed the border into washington state yet ? Some very good
riding back roads that I have ridden my Spyder on I just love it. May be we
meet up to ride the Cascade highway it is awsome I went as far as
Winthrop last summer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome, Grrl!

My husband loves his Harley, but he also loves the Spyder, and finds that it's easy to hop on and go. Much handier for errands with the multiple storage compartments, and the kids want to go along too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love Washington riding!

Have you crossed the border into washington state yet ? Some very good
riding back roads that I have ridden my Spyder on I just love it. May be we
meet up to ride the Cascade highway it is awsome I went as far as
Winthrop last summer.
I absolutely love some of your roads. My husband and I have done a few rides in the northern part of the state - Chuckanut Drive, and the Whidbey Island area on the Harley last summer. He did Winthrop and Leavenworth last summer with a friend.

I haven't yet had a chance to bring the Spyder over, but definitely plan to. I saw that the Washington Spyder group did a "Meet & Eat" ride a couple of weeks ago. I would have loved to be there for that - apparently about 18 bikes attended!

Would love to meet up sometime and go for a ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts