Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from New Zealand. Not a Spyder owner yet but have had a couple of test rides and have been bitten by the bug. My wife and I are both motorcyclists, I ride a Kwaka ZRX1200R and my wife has a Z1000. I saw the Spyder a couple of years back but they were a little pricey down here so all we could do was look and admire but times have changed and it's looking like we may have one in our garage soon. After doing all the research I did get the speed wobbles a little bit and was getting worried about all the problems that I kept reading about but I am sure it's just a case of folk writing more about the problems than the many positives.

So, hopefully next time I post it will be to tell about our shiney new Spyder purchase. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Grumpy and Mrs. Grumpy!

Since she rides, too, she may not be happy until she's got her own under her control. I've noticed that riding passenger isn't the same as driving my own. I'm glad to have mine in the garage!!

Have you checked out the differences in the RT and the RS? May want to do that before you make your decision.

Happy riding!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Spyder is home! Picked it up over the weekend which involved a 300km ride home so it was getting easier the longer I spend in the saddle. The wife had a good spell on it as well so by the time we got home the smiles were a mile wide.

We weren't home long before the daughter claimed it for herself. Thankfully she's only 4yrs so we don't have to hide the keys just yet!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Congrats for sure!! Guess its too late to tell you that the bug just gets worse? :D Enjoy!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts