Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here and am trying to learn everything I can about these machines. What are the predominant problems with them? I have heard something about the steering and recalls. Is there a list of aftermarket suppliers for performance parts? Specifically suspension upgrades. I am going on a test ride in Dec. and have been watching these ever since they came out and hope the bugs are worked out now. How is maintenance? i generally do all my own. Has any bought the B.U.D.S. diagnostic tool?

Thanks,

Eric:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So... is the DPS replacement a recall on all the Spyders? If I can, I'd like to find a 09' or left over 10' and maybe save a few $$$. Is there any issues with the 10"s?

Eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maintenance costs

What kind of maintenance costs are involved with these? I like to do my own work, but apparently getting a BUDS tool is impossible.

Eric

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Any Spyder built before the middle of this past August is subject to the recall. If you're looking for a leftover just make sure that the recall and all service bulletins have been taken care of...
There's enough bodywork on these things to make any task other than adding fuel seem a bit daunting... I'm still re-re-reading the manual to make sure that I've got panel removal down before I do anything other than twist the loud handle and pile up miles and smiles... :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of maintenance costs are involved with these? I like to do my own work, but apparently getting a BUDS tool is impossible.

Eric
As I understand it, the BUDS interface uses the CAN Bus standard. BUT to really talk to it you would probably need to reverse engineer their proprietary handshaking protocol. In other words you would need the OEM BUDS hardware and software and a protocol sniffer to passively peek at the traffic.

Probably not worth the effort.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
plus the BUDS software is very expensive and if you're not a tech it would probably not mean much to you

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Also, if Can-Am can determine that you've interfaced with their software you'll watch your warranty swirl swirl on down the toilet.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts