Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a long time GoldWing rider. My wife wants a bike now that she has her cycle license. She has fallen for the Spyder. I am thinking about gettting her one for her birthday surprise. Sat on one and liked it. Would like to learn more about it from the membership though. A big investment.
Maintenance? Any Issues?
Thanks
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hi Bob!
These are great bikes; just a bit different than the two-wheeled versions... :D They certainly don't ride or handle like anything else out there at the present time; the closest thing to compare them with might be an ATV or snowmobile. There's a lot of technology packed under the bodywork too, so tinkering with them can be a daunting task.
But for a relaxed ride they can't be beat! Your Missus will LOVE it!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Bob!

You'll want your wife to take a test drive before she decides she really likes one. They do ride differently, and its something she needs to feel before she decides. There are also differences in the way your body rides depending on the model.

Having said that, up until last Monday I rode a motorcycle. That's when I picked up my Spyder. Now, I'm not sure I'm interested in climbing on a bike again any time soon!

·
Registered
306 Posts
The Spyder is not like a two wheeler but after a few miles your wife will feel very confortable riding with the three wheels. She should test ride which ever model she likes first.

The one thing that everyone agrees on is the She should use a light grip on the steering. The Spyder will ride true with a light grip but with a death grip she may feel like it is hard to maintain a straight line. When braking don't lean on the bars as this will also change the driving line.

Once she does ride one make sure you have the check book handy.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hello,
I am a long time GoldWing rider. My wife wants a bike now that she has her cycle license. She has fallen for the Spyder. I am thinking about gettting her one for her birthday surprise. Sat on one and liked it. Would like to learn more about it from the membership though. A big investment.
Maintenance? Any Issues?
Thanks
Bob
I'm just a few miles south of you (Maryville). I think the Spyder is a good choice but as others have said - it is different - not good different, not bad different - just different. You probably already know you have two dealerships close by, Alcoa and Kodak. I have no experience with the one in Kodak but I have a lot of experience with Alcoa Goodtimes. They have a good reputation and are very friendly. Service is kinda pricey and from what I've heard they don't dicker the price on a Spyder - sticker is what you're gonna pay.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
...The one thing that everyone agrees on is the She should use a light grip on the steering. The Spyder will ride true with a light grip but with a death grip she may feel like it is hard to maintain a straight line.
Once she does ride one make sure you have the check book handy.
:D How true!!
My first 2 miles I was sure that I had made a big mistake. I was fighting the steering! Once I remembered that BRP knows how to build stuff that'll track straight down the road and relaxed, it all fell into place... :cool:
Ditto about the checkbook too!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the Replies

We'll schedule a test drive here shortly...once the rain stops. I'll post our experience once we've done it.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts