Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Hiya Ironhorse!
Safety?? It's probably just me, but I never bought any bike while thinking about safety... Now FREEDOM is another issue! :D
Seriously though... These things are stable, forgiving and consistent...kinda like a good spouse! :cool:
Drawbacks? The fuel mileage ain't the best... I get around 33mopg with mine and that seems to be a pretty decent number... although your right wrist will have more to say about it than anything else!
You'll have to get used to smiling a lot and answering quesuitons for curious folks who just want to know more about them... Just about every ride my Missus and I spend some time visiting with onlookers and making new friends.
In short; these things are just cool! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hiya Ironhorse!
Safety?? It's probably just me, but I never bought any bike while thinking about safety... Now FREEDOM is another issue! :D
Seriously though... These things are stable, forgiving and consistent...kinda like a good spouse! :cool:
Drawbacks? The fuel mileage ain't the best... I get around 33mopg with mine and that seems to be a pretty decent number... although your right wrist will have more to say about it than anything else!
You'll have to get used to smiling a lot and answering quesuitons for curious folks who just want to know more about them... Just about every ride my Missus and I spend some time visiting with onlookers and making new friends.
In short; these things are just cool! :cool:
I wish I was getting 33 mpg. I get about 25 but as you say that probably has more to do with the right wrist than anything. David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FREEDOM. you bet forgot to say i have been on two wheels for a while. started at or about age 14. i am now 68. still enjoy the ride. just getting old and like the help to stay on top of the bike. lost my wing in ike. took a test ride last sat. and wife wanted to bring it home then. hope to get one soon

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Ironhorse!

The only drawback I can think of besides the mileage issue is not leaning in the curves. These are so much fun, though, that its not a problem for me. I scoot my body to the inside around the curves and its almost like riding a motorcycle... only more stable and no chance of dropping it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts