Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just bought my spyder five minutes before when up showed the law as I was on first block. Wanted to talk and check it out!
Then drove it two hours over the mountains to home. First motorcycle drive in thirty years! Great fun, loved and can't wait to get comfortable on it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Give yourself about 2 weeks to get used to it. You mentioned over the mountains - where in NC do you live? Most probably in a few weeks you will receive a mailing from BRP with some business card sized brochures on the Spyder. When people walk up and start asking questions (or pull you over) in addition to having a great time with the conversation you can give them a handout. Nice of BRP huh? David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give yourself about 2 weeks to get used to it. You mentioned over the mountains - where in NC do you live? Most probably in a few weeks you will receive a mailing from BRP with some business card sized brochures on the Spyder. When people walk up and start asking questions (or pull you over) in addition to having a great time with the conversation you can give them a handout. Nice of BRP huh? David
Thanks for the info, tho I doubt it applies to me as I bought a used almost new 10 with only 1000 miles. I live in Clay county in the far west NC. No dealer nearby so looks like I'll have to do my own maintenance.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Thanks for the info, tho I doubt it applies to me as I bought a used almost new 10 with only 1000 miles. I live in Clay county in the far west NC. No dealer nearby so looks like I'll have to do my own maintenance.
I bet you'll enjoy taking care of your new "Baby" :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Did you get an owner's manual with it? If so look in the very back and you will see where you can notify BRP of the change of ownership. Although the warranty automatically changes from the previous owner to you it can't hurt to let BRP know you are the new owner. Sometime after you have made the notification you just might get that mailing. And BTW you have a dealer in Hayesville. Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Smith Powersports

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention it - you are not too far from the Dragon. Have you ridden it before? The weather's getting nice, supposed to be 72 and sunny tomorrow (Sunday April 17). Should be a whole lot of bikes there. Looks like it may be a 2 hour ride for you just at a glance. David

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I haven't been pulled over for a talk about mine yet, but was paced yesterday by a police officer while he got his fill. It wasn't the speed I was traveling, that was under the limit since I was in the middle of a group and the leader was lollygagging!

Enjoy your ride, and post some pics!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Absolutely agree!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts