Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a former Harley touring owner from the Phoenix AZ area who lost both legs below the knee (not motorcycle related) and really miss being in the wind since selling my Ultra Limited 2 years ago. I am strongly considering a Spyder RT Limited. I joined up to do some research to assist in my decision making process. I am interested in the reliability of the model and any other practical advice I can get.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

I am a former Harley touring owner from the Phoenix AZ area who lost both legs below the knee (not motorcycle related) and really miss being in the wind since selling my Ultra Limited 2 years ago. I am strongly considering a Spyder RT Limited. I joined up to do some research to assist in my decision making process. I am interested in the reliability of the model and any other practical advice I can get.
I would say these units are reliable, however, quirky with some areas and your best results depend on decent customer support from your local dealer. Out here in Chicago area, there are two dealers one in Elmhurst and one in Wilmington, neither one could care less about you as customer and most frequently they overcharge for services and not able to fix bike complete. That has been my experience which is sad fact since CAN AM based in Canada never inspects dealers or ever host local support. With that said, if you are ok with dealer pricing on any repair or oil change getting charged like you have a Ferrari, then you are all set.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - I am now a Spyder owner as of yesterday! I picked up a 2022 Spyder RT Limited in carbon black.

First impressions: Handling is totally different than a two-wheeler, but I expected it would be. Plenty of power, smooth ride. I need to develop the muscle memory to operate the controls without having to look at them. Practice makes perfect.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
89 Posts
Slhanks004 -- there were two 2-to3 wheel adaptations that took time for me:

1) absence of the front handbrake
2) riding in the middle of the lane like a car

WRT to item 1, a very well regarded handbrake is available for your Spyder at Hand Brake System – ISCI Rides

WRT to item 2, get used correcting your front wheels away from lane boundaries.:) It's been a year and I'm still learning.

WRT to dealer service quality, I assume your Harley was dealer-maintained. I suspect motorcycle technicians know the quality of their peers across brands so you might want to ask the HD guys if they had some thoughts on the matter.

Hey ain't that 1330cc engine the smoothest thing? It likes to be above 3500rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts