Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Considering an RT sometime in the future. Presently a 2 wheel rider on a FJR, however GF is having a harder time mounting and dismounting from the bike. We got taken out by a deer in Montana and as a result her leg got broken. We don't heal like we used to. Looking at alternatives to the bike. My first sighting was just outside the Cherohala Skyline in 2007 or 2008 while I was completing my first IBA National Park Tour. Even since then have been intrigued. Looking to do some long distance touring on these. We know how to pack light being on Sport Tourers, but looks like we could pack a few more things.

Gonna spend some time reading the threads to learn about these things. What do you call them bikes, ATV, or something else. Guess I will have to learn a whole new nomenclature.

Willie

·
Registered
110 Posts
Since you are a two wheel rider, Just be aware these don't ride like a bike, no leaning in the turns etc. they do have there pluses you can carry a lot of stuff they have good weather protection it is very hard to fall off of them, I would keep your 2 wheeler so you can still have fun and a change of pace riding I own a 09 SE5 roadster but just bough a Motorcycle because I missed how they drive. P.S. I would check out the roadster much more sportier and quicker.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
As you by now already know - they are classified as roadsters by Can-AM. You're gonna love it once you give it a couple of weeks. David

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Willie!

There are two different models, the RT and the RS. The RT is built more for touring, with more gadgets and farkles. The RS is the sporty model. Good luck in your search, and let us know what you get, if you get one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts