Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Been riding Harleys since '94 and currently ride an 08 ultra.
Lately my wife has been bugging me about getting a trike( she has a tri glide in mind) and i remembered seeing an ad about the spyder rt. Looked around the net and found this forum and other sources of info. Checked out a dealer in
Henderson NV and took a demo ride on a rt s. Got no specific complaints but
the overall feel would take me some getting used too.Wife said the back rest was too upright making her feel as if leaning forward. i am, (however) impressed with all the electronic gizmos (vss) and of course the price is roughly 9k less than a harley trike. I appreciate this forum as i have already gleaned some important info about the RT and hope to take advantage of the what knowedge the members here have to offer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum!, From what I understand going from 2 wheels to two in front takes about 100 miles of riding where it will start to feel natural.

I had no previous riding experience and so my learning curve was actually faster. I too liked all the features and got the complete enchilada with the C/B comm XM radio and trailer. BRP has a fantastic helmet with the entertainment system piped in to it, and the vox works great.

Thats the first time I heard of someone saying they felt like they were leaning forward from the passenger seat, maybe the foot boards needed to be adjusted or the air shock. With 2 up + my dog I have mine set at 80lbs when pulling my trailer with gear.

11 thousand miles later since this Feb. and we are loving it.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Sweet-looking ride, 'Bait! :cool:
Bill, going to a Trike does take some seat-time to get comfy with the change in the ride characteristics; no doubt about that! :D I've ridden a Tri-Glide; very impressive... but not for the extra cash outlay that's involved! (IMHO!) The Spyder's electronic "Nanny" does a goot job of keeping all three wheels on the ground; :eek: something that other trike manufacturers should note!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good morning!

I totally agree with TicketBait and Bob. The RT is a fine ride and the electronic "Nanny" if fabulous. I traded in a 2007 Ultra Classic on my RT-S and haven't looked back. The different ride did take a day or two to get used to but it came easy. My wife says that the back seat on the RT-S makes her feel very secure - in her words, "It cups my butt!" and she says the ride is more comfortable than any she's had before - three Goldwings and an Ultra Classic. Give it a try, my friend, you and your wife'll love it in the end!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello all. Been riding Harleys since '94 and currently ride an 08 ultra.
Lately my wife has been bugging me about getting a trike( she has a tri glide in mind) and i remembered seeing an ad about the spyder rt. Looked around the net and found this forum and other sources of info. Checked out a dealer in
Henderson NV and took a demo ride on a rt s. Got no specific complaints but
the overall feel would take me some getting used too.Wife said the back rest was too upright making her feel as if leaning forward. i am, (however) impressed with all the electronic gizmos (vss) and of course the price is roughly 9k less than a harley trike. I appreciate this forum as i have already gleaned some important info about the RT and hope to take advantage of the what knowedge the members here have to offer.
If you get a spyder I would get the rs/gs model (sport) Put a corbin seat on it with two back rest, and ultra touring wind shield get the 4 inch raise on the bars and get floor boards and you will have a much better bike than the RT model as far as handling goes. The RT weights about 200 lbs. more and they didn't change the suspension so it drives like a boat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
BikerBill,

Looked at ProShop Las Vegas before buying mine up here in North Las Vegas. Picked up my orbital blue RTS for $24,500 out the door with an HJC modular helmet and delivery thrown in. Think I was somewhere around $21,300 on vehicle price. I didn't see the nearly $1300 on the dealer intangibles until I already agreed on price, I probably gave away about $500 or more. Just wanted to let you know there is room to work on the price.

I think ProShop's RTS was a demo (unless they got newer stock). Make sure that's taken into consideration when it comes to negotiating a price. Krupp's Powersports is advertising a new black RTS SM5 for $19,999, which is about the best I've seen on any RTS.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts