Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new spyder RS last week. Two hundred miles and it is back to the dealer for a clutch. I wonder if this is the norm or am I just unlucky.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What were the signs you need a new clutch? Auto or Manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked the RS up this afternoon eight days after I took it in. All systems seem to be as they should be. They put the bags on while it was there. I think they look good. Now to sharpen my skills on three wheels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 2010 RT-S. The auto-clutch will sometimes not release when coming to a stop. Very intermittant, though. A few times the machine will just keep creeping forward while I hold the brake to keep it from moving into traffic....like holding the brake in the automatic trans. car. If you don't hold the brake, forward you go, but that's normal with a torque converter that's used. Sometime it will not release at all and just lug the engine down till it dies. Dealer doesn't seem to think it's more than my imagination.

·
Registered
8 Posts
clutch

Just recevied a recall notice and it is about SE5 Clutch Sticking Engaged.

The service department do not have parts yet for repair.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it is ryding fine then keep ryding and they will all have the parts in the next 2 weeks.

Mine just went in for it's 6K mile check up and i will take it back later for the 2 1/2 hour fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just recevied a recall notice and it is about SE5 Clutch Sticking Engaged.

The service department do not have parts yet for repair.
Is the recall for the 2008 SE5 as well? I haven't received one, but my Spyder has has this problem intermittantly for months! I'd love some info. on the recall....where can I look to find it? THANKS!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Clutch and soleniod replacement

I have been having and on going problem with my tranny (See shift problem thread) I was at the dealer today 6-29-10 and they believe the problem is the clutch and up and down shifting solenoids (I hope) they don't expect to have replacement parts until the end of July or later. So don't expect to get your machine repaired any sooner Way to go BRP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts