Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I wanted to ask everyone if anyone could help me get more info on disabling or moving sensors to "trick" the computer into allowing me to change wheel sizes. Im not even sure thats what I want to do just need a way to get the computer to read like everything is normal. Just wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with disconnecting or moving sensors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pics soon

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
504 Posts
My sense is that it is very doubtful to disable or trick the sensors on the wheels in as much as a lot of the built in safety of the spyder is dependent on how those same sensors do their job.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I don't think you are going to be able to do that

why would you want to change wheel sizes?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Pick up a shop manual first...
I have heard that you have to leave all three of them hooked up... but you CAN mount all three of them to one wheel so that they don't recognize the differences in wheel rpms as you tinker with wheel sizes...
Incidently... If you ever throw your Spyder on a chassis dyno, you've got to tinker with them so that the computers don't go crazy when the rear wheel is spinning and the front wheels aren't... :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
570 Posts
It seems that the only way to disable the VSS is to remove the 4 sensors from the wheels, 1 on each front wheel and 2 on the rear (comes from a 4 channel design out of a car). BUT, your speedo will stop working as it gets its signal from the rear sensor(s) and DPS will not know the speed that you are traveling and will not adjust for it. It seems that the VSS is pretty integrated into other components.

Just do a search on "can am spyder disable vss" and see all of the comments and feedback that people have had made.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a suggestion

You might want to change the size of ALL wheels ( front two and rear ) the same amount (percentage) so that the VSS sees the same ratio front and back. Then your only problem would be an inaccurate speedo reading.

For example: If the front wheel revolves 700 times per mile and the rear tire revolves 800 times in the same distance then that ratio would have to be maintained for the VSS to be happy.

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts