Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veterans Helping Veterans out of Coventry, R.I. (VFW Post# 9404) will be hosting Kevin's Cause Motorcycle Run on Sunday 6/24/2012.

Imageshack - 2012motorcyclerunflyer.gif

Kevin's Cause is all about a 24 year old R.I. Marine named Kevin Dubois who lost both legs while in combat in Afghanistan in July of 2011.

Kevin's Cause

Kevin Dubois wants to ride in the run named after him and was told a Can-Am Spyder was the way to go. Kevin can do just about anything using his arms and hands. He has completed a 26 mile marathon on a hand peddled bike, ridden ATVs and snow machines, Kevin rode dirt bikes and motorcycles before he was wounded in Afghanistan. So the knowledge of motorcycles is there. He recently completed his driving training, and was issued a drivers license at the Naval Hospital in San Diego.

If anyone can lend or lease us a Can Am for the day or know of anybody who can help us out it will be most appreciated and rewarding to know that your asswisting a U.S. Marine who sacrificed so much defending the U.S.A.

This run will be State Police led with town police departments notified so they can block dangerous intersection. Safety is our # 1 priority as it has been for the two year prior bike runs which helped homeless vets and the Wounded Warrior Project.

If anybody can help us put a grin on R.I. Marine Kevin Dubois's face, please get in touch with us at :

[email protected]

~Thanks~

Sincerely,

Veterans Helping Veterans
VFW Post # 9404
PO Box 702
Coventry, R.I. 02816

Veterans Helping Veterans

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If you haven't asked over at the Spyder Lovers forum, try there as well. We've got less traffic here than they do there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Whatever you get, It will have to be a semi automatic transmission and someone will have had to have added a handlebar brake modification, as Spyders do not come with handlebar brakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you haven't asked over at the Spyder Lovers forum, try there as well. We've got less traffic here than they do there.

Good luck!
Thank you very much sasspnts. Got a call from a person this morning who lives in New England , whose Can Am is set up for a disabled rider. Everything is hand operated and if all goes well, this will definately make this R.I. Marine's day, to lead the ride named after him.

The person sent me a picture of his Can Am and trust me here, he has one very cool ride and is doing one very cool gesture that is very appreciated by all who are planning Kevin's Cause Motorcycle Run.

Be well all and ~Ride Safe~ and if your in the R.I. area around June 24, 2012 come and Support Kevin's Cause Motorcycle Run. We would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So glad you've found someone who is equipped to help out!! Good luck with your ride, and be safe!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts