Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Rt. I have music on a flash drive. Has anyone hooked up a flash drive and how to play music through the stereo? I’m thinking I can add a USB port but will it come up as auxiliary on the radio.

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
So, you don't have an owners manual ?
I remember my first Spyder had some "ports" in the back trunk but don't remember exactly which ones.
I do remember getting a cord from the dealer.......to hook up my phone as an aux. input I think.
If it wasn't designed for a USB port, adding one might not be possible......or practical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
here is how my f3t is hooked up Friencity Bluetooth 5.0 receiver Amazon $17.00 then a USB splitter cable 2 port hub for data 1 port data $6.00 Amazon I can set the bluetooth on my phone for music or direction comes right thru speakers on Aux. my MP3 plays thru another connection all tied to Aux.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2010 Rt. I have music on a flash drive. Has anyone hooked up a flash drive and how to play music through the stereo? I’m thinking I can add a USB port but will it come up as auxiliary on the radio.
Another option is to bypass the RT music system altogether. I know it's pricey, but I bought a Cardo PacTalk Bold system that has speakers and microphone mounted inside my full face helmet and a port externally for the Cardo to be attached for use. It allows me to talk to my wife (quiets music in the background when conversing), has limited voice activated controls (advance music, turn volume up/ down, turn music off); allows me to take phone calls and has very good sound. Will allow you to play your own music from a phone (I have an iPhone) via bluetooth and your passenger to do same with theirs, so you are both not wedded to the same playlist. Also has an antenna for radio, if you prefer that. It's mesh system also allows other bluetooth systems to enter your DMX mesh system. I don't even use the music system on my 2019 RT as I found it cumbersome and my Cardo has so much more capability.

·
Super Moderator
843 Posts
here is how my f3t is hooked up
Gary: This system is set up to automatically "quote" the previous message when you hit "reply".
Then it will show you the entire message that you are replying to.

You can leave it all there and ADD your comments at the end OR edit it down to just a little snip......like I did here.
Just be careful to NOT disturb the formatting commands, enclosed by the bracket symbols.

I have deleted your other blank reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts