CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spyder RT coming 9/1. I have zero motorcycle experience. My options here in MA after getting my permit:

1) Ride solo for a while on my permit and go for my RMV road test

2) Take 15 hours "Basic Riders Course"(5 hours class room and 10 hours on a 250cc bike) and get my license. I am not concerned about riding a 2 wheeler for the class, but it feels like a waste and seems to be teaching most wrong stuff for a spyder

3) Take the "Experienced Rider Course" 6 hour on my Spyder. Several school say I can't do it, and one says OK but not sure it make sense.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with Bill. Also you get a break on your insurance if you take the MSF course.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Spyder RT coming 9/1. I have zero motorcycle experience. My options here in MA after getting my permit:

1) Ride solo for a while on my permit and go for my RMV road test

2) Take 15 hours "Basic Riders Course"(5 hours class room and 10 hours on a 250cc bike) and get my license. I am not concerned about riding a 2 wheeler for the class, but it feels like a waste and seems to be teaching most wrong stuff for a spyder

3) Take the "Experienced Rider Course" 6 hour on my Spyder. Several school say I can't do it, and one says OK but not sure it make sense.

Thoughts?
Take the MSF basic riders course, well worth the time and money.
A lot of the motorcycle time doesn't transfer to the spyder but the basic moves are all things that will need to be practiced by you in an empty parking lot on the Spyder.
The experienced rider course isn't available until you've been on the road for a while and is focused on the two wheeled motorcycle.
Check with MSF in some locations they have a "trike" course which would be more appropriate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - all signed up for BRC next Thur/Fri

Emailed the dealer that we might want to pick up the Spyder a bit earlier (like a month) than origionally planned :)

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
That's great news Richard! Please give us a report on your MSF course impressions once you've gotten it under your belt.
I don't know about Massachusetts, but here in New York if you take a road test for your license on a trike, tha'ts all that your license is good for. The MSF courses will get you licensed for either two or three-wheeled wheeled bikes, so why limit yourself? After all, you might just get curious about what it would be like to have to put your foot down at stoplights someday... :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts