1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Spyder RT Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably should not.
I'm surprised that there are two types.

Why are you asking with a bike that is less than 2 years old ?
I just know that there is a green and an orange anti freeze that the Dealer sells. I was just asking now for when the time comes that I will need to add some. Asking at the Dealer is a gamble in getting a correct answer now a days!!

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
I just know that there is a green and an orange anti freeze that the Dealer sells.
The only reason for that is that the dealer likely sells different BRANDS of bikes.
Check your owners manual for the right kind for Spyders.

AND.....don't waste your money buying any just yet.
Modern cooling systems do NOT routinely lose coolant.......over years and years.
If the level is down, you first need to find the leak and fix it.

·
Registered
2020 Spyder RT Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only reason for that is that the dealer likely sells different BRANDS of bikes.
Check your owners manual for the right kind for Spyders.

AND.....don't waste your money buying any just yet.
Modern cooling systems do NOT routinely lose coolant.......over years and years.
If the level is down, you first need to find the leak and fix it.
Level is normal. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't be fooled by the coolant colors. The colors are"mostly" consistent with type, but far from always.

I would just buy the premixed with the exact "type" Can Am recommends. I don't think changing specification is going to be a "fix" for any inherent issue as they seem to run at a consistent temperature as per what you would hope. I had mine out in traffic on 110 F days, no problems, ran as it should. I've had bikes and cars in the past where changing coolant type or specification overcame some inherent cooling issue, but my 2021 RT LTD seems to be on the money temperature wise.

·
Registered
2020 Spyder RT Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't be fooled by the coolant colors. The colors are"mostly" consistent with type, but far from always.

I would just buy the premixed with the exact "type" Can Am recommends. I don't think changing specification is going to be a "fix" for any inherent issue as they seem to run at a consistent temperature as per what you would hope. I had mine out in traffic on 110 F days, no problems, ran as it should. I've had bikes and cars in the past where changing coolant type or specification overcame some inherent cooling issue, but my 2021 RT LTD seems to be on the money temperature wise.
Thanks for your comment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts