Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting a spider next year and I am torn between manual or semi auto. I am worried of being stranded by the semi auto if the shifter where to malfunction or the battery to go dead. What are anybodies thoughts on this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have tried both and prefer the manual shift .I purchased a 2011 RTS and love it.Mainly two up riding with the wife,love the storage and the looks u get when riding or stopped anywhere.Be ready to answer lots of questions.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I really really wanted the manual but they just couldn't get one at the time so I accepted the simi auto. Have to say that I am glad now and if I had it to do over again knowing what I know now I would get the simi auto.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I guess its a matter of opinion and prefferance. I have both RS's, the wife drives the SE and i drive the standard and prefer it. I think the reason i like the standard is I drive quite aggressivley and I find the standard works better for that kind of riding.

With that being said, my dream is to get rid of the RS SE and get an RT. And for a RT model, i would definatley get the SE.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The EFI will stand you before the SE5 transmission does if the battery dies. The Spyder will not start with a dead battery.

I sure like the ease of the SE5 transmission. Makes long rides more relaxing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just bought a 2008 GS SE5..I think its great....so smooth...you can still drive as if its a manual in that it shifts quickly & without delay...use your concentration to enjoy your ride instead of clutch movement...you won't regret it at all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts