Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new info on this yet? The BRP site has nothing except date and location. I think I might ride over this weekend if the weather cooperates and take a look around. Haven't been in Maggie Valley for about 15 years. I may check out the motels and see if there's one I like and then see if I can get reservations. David

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maggie Valley

I too see the info on the BRP site. There is a post on SpyderLovers that emphatically states there will be no Spyders in The Smokies this year. Instead it will be Spyders in the Adirondacks. So, is the NC event a factory backed event? And is the former S.I.T.S. something alltogether different? I'm confused. I suppose the only thing to do is to go ryding.

Patrick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maggie Valley Event

I hope to ride out there as well. apparently the hotel, where the event is beign sponsored, was booked three days after the event was announced. I was not able to get one of the rooms so I will just ride up there to see what I can see. It would be great to meet other Spyder RT owners and share "war (or should I say recall) stories.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful David! You'll end up with a case of the regrets...:eek: :D
How's that new bike without the training wheels treating you?? :cool:
No regrets. As I have stated in a previous post when the time comes for the wife and I to do some serious touring i.e. more than overnighters, we will probably go for an RT. As of now we're doing just fine - she on the Yamaha T-Max and me on the Yamaha FZ6R. It's fast, highly manueverable and looks good on the Dragon:) David

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Loonies on the Dragon

Bob, I have been on the Dragon numerous times on two wheelers as well as cars. I live less than 150 miles away from it. Beware and on your guard anytime you ride/drive the dragon as it seems a Loonie can pop up at will. watch your rearview,and listen. You can hear the sport bikes coming behind a few turns back so be ready to move to the right of your lane so they can zoom by. It is not that easy when they are coming at you as more times than not they are hugging the center line and can even be on your side of the line. Maybe I am getting old and having been on the dragon a few times is enough. If I had never been on it you bet I would ride it just for the experience! Just be careful and watch your front and back. Look up Killboy.com on the net and click on the crashes photos to give you an idea of riders, even cruisers, having problems. I guess the older we get the more safety concerns us.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How big is the rally at Maggie Valley?

I live about 4=5 hrs away and an really interested in learning more about the RT. Anybody know whats happening, or where the event is centered at Maggie Valley?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live about 60 miles from Maggy Valley and will be heading that way in the morning. Wife's out of town for 2 weeks so I'm by my self with the cats!!! If any of you need a place to stay let me know. Send any email to [email protected] and I'll send you my phone number.

·
Registered
34 Posts
CanAmMick...what a gracious offer! Many thanks but I left out early yesterday morning before reading your offer, figuring I'd find enought folks to tell me bout the trikes and I did learn a lot. Wish I had read it before leaving and maybe we could have met there. Perhaps I did pass you somewhere along the way. I was the old guy with jeans and red T-shirt in white corolla.

One kind gent took me for a ride yesterday PM and talked to me a long while telling of his experiences with a recall or two and small issue or two. Was surprised to hear that rear tires only last 8K miles or so. Lots of diff opinions on manual vs auto. His was auto and he demo'ed it well for me, but another said the auto had "problems" (not further defined as it was said in passing and I didn't explore it with her).

Found out that it was a "by invitation only to owners" event and it really didn't start till today...friday. What I was hoping was that a dealer would be there or BRP with demo trikes but that wasn't the case...at least not on thursday. I headed home friday morning. Ladies at the fairground office said there were 750 registered owners and I saw lic tags from all over the country.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got to Maggie Valley about 8:30 this morning after a little more than an hour ride. It was really beautiful.

Started off kind of slow. Around 11:00 guess there was about 100 Spyders there. Weather started changing and a lot of people cleared out for awhile trying to stay out of the rain.

Later in the afternoon the weather cleared up and everyone returned. I believe there were 400 and something Spyders. It was really a sight to see!!!! Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to attend another rally one of these days. If not I'll still have my memories from today!!!!!!

Got to meet some really nice folks from all over the country. Lot of the people rode a long way to get to this event. It was interesting to see all the different modifications that people have on these things, plus the beautiful paint jobs.

Hats off to BRP. They really treated us well. Had a great meal and a great time. Life doesn't get much better than this!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts