Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is the second piece I am trying.

pros: it is lower than the other one so looks better and easier to get into- has a built in rain cover that ties down - has extra pockets - has a couple of detachable fanny bags ( not shown in the pics cause they make the bag too wide ) that can attach in other places - has wheels and handle like carry on bag for planes - can expand another 2 inches higher

cons: is actually too big for the rack, just need to figure out how to strap it down properly - more expensive than the other one - not sure about needing another wheeled bag as bike comes with one already - does not come with a cable lock ( trying to find out if I can order them seperately along with a few more straps)

but I am leaning towards this one because of the way it looks and a few more pockets for small stuff

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think that weight would be a major concern. I would hate for the trunk lid to be damaged to the point where it had to be replaced.

What is the suggested weight limit on the luggage rack. For some reason 15 pounds comes to mind.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah 15-20 ish.. that's why I think this one is better mainly becasue we won't be able to get as much junk in it..

the idea is to put stuff we may need quickly such as rain gear inside it

even when we get the trailer it will help get the "needed" stuff faster

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never pulled the straps tight on this when I took the picture with the rain cover on

the other one has no way to tighten it done at all

unless I use bungee and that's not gonna happen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts