Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only been a owner for a few months but have made an observation that makes me curious. Why are there so many bikes for sale with very low miles? Not unusual to see a 5 year old rig with less then 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only been a owner for a few months but have made an observation that makes me curious. Why are there so many bikes for sale with very low miles? Not unusual to see a 5 year old rig with less then 5,000 miles.

This is the normal for motorcycles regardless of brands. There are more fair weather riders overall and then some find the are not riders and bike sits awhile before they sell. I bought a 2010 RT that had 11000 miles from a friend. He was the se owner. Had it 4 year, sat for almost 2 years because he lost the only key he had only put 200 miles on it. Bought it cheap had some teeth issues. Have got 5000 miles in the 5 months of ownership. Most of the miles have been put on by the wife.

·
Super Moderator
1,094 Posts
The answer really is quite simple:
The owner found out that he didn't enjoy it as much as he thought he would.
Or his life circumstances changed and a motorcycle isn't a good fit anymore.
Or after ~5 years, he wants something newer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2010 RTS only has about 8000 miles on it. My wife has had 3 neck surgeries and doesn't want to ride much, helmet is a little heavy on her neck. So I'm the only rider. And only around town.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought recently a 2016 F-3T with 9300 miles.

As a 25-year rider of 2-wheelers and having put 125k miles on 4 bikes during that period I will give my guess.

If may be two-wheelers transitioning to a reverse trike and they could not adjust to the particular characteristics of the handling. Most do but there are some who can’t get past the difference in the steering.

In the case of my bike I learned I was the 3rd owner and the 2nd owner only put 2000 miles before selling to me. He is one of the kind I am referring to, having had many two-wheelers all his life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts