Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks....I'm still a newbie with around 300 miles on my new 2011 RT Limited. Does an low fuel idiot light come on when the fuel guage hits the red mark? And how many miles can I go when it does come on? :confused:

·
Registered
570 Posts
It seems that the light comes on when there is about 1 gallon left. As to how far you can go with the red light on, do you like walking? Just kidding. I have gone 15 miles before and still had plenty of fuel. But I don't like walking.

If you want to try to push it, I would have some extra fuel ready so you don't have to walk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wouldn't run it to empty the same way I don't run my car to empty. Crud that builds up will get sucked into fuel line and engine.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I ride an RS SM5, and ran it down to no bars and the "get gas now" light was on. That came on when I ran down to the last bar, and I managed 20 miles before I found a gas station after I zeroed out the bars. I wouldn't suggest it, as I was sucking seat with my butt, hoping I didn't run it totally out!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have been caught my self nowhere near a petrol stn and the light came on at about 200km (towing a trailer ) the last bar on the dash disapeared about 30 km later then did another 20km then found a fuel stn and still had 4 lt in tank when i filled it

Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts