Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked Reggy this and he said they didn't have any thing like it, but I'm looking for a way to take the standard light strips like those purchased from TricLED, and make them appear to be one solid light for the length of the strip, instead of several individual dots. I know several pictures of bikes with lights here look like the strips are one solid light, but this is mostly due to the photography itself, and less so with the way the lights look to the naked eye, but is the end effect I want to accomplish, though perhaps slightly dimmer than seen in the photos. A good example would be the lights on the Tron light cycles. I found a way to make a similar look by hiding the lights behind panels so they illuminate the seams, but it isn't bright enough. and some of the seams I'd like to illuminate have no space between the adjoining panels.

So Long story short (too late, I know), how can I take an led light strip and make it look like a single light instead of individual ones?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I don't think you are going to find anything light that

unless maybe a zillion tiny tiny lights

I have seen other LED's that are in a clear tube that almost look like they are a single light

·
Registered
570 Posts
Have you looked at fiber optic bundles? My neighbor has a line of fiber optic around his pool that looks like a solid light beam. Just google fiber optic lighting. You can find lots of options.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Mr. Gartner's profile has nothing there except for spam for a driving site and even there the spelling is lousy

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only way to have what your looking for is to hide the strip. Leds are not made close enough to appear to be a constant light when seen directly. Neon underglow is what your looking for, but not sure how well they flex to follow the profile lines of the tupperware. The best you'll get out of leds is 300 per meter off ebay{China,30 days delivery. }You cut and make your own, be careful when cutting the waterproofing off, you'll cut the circuit and have issues with blinking, I know, I had it at 1st. I bought 12o per meter and made my own, looks great, like a cloud under the body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts