Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and need a question answered . Im recovering from a wreck on my Harley EG , back tire had a blow out. Now Im not wanting to stop riding but Im looking more and more at trikes , Goldwings and Can-ams, My question is do you lean into a curve on the Spyders or not , I cant really tell from the videos. I plan to go try one but its a few hours to the nearest dealer for me. Any help and advice you can give would be great

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yes and no for leaning

you need to lean into the turn but NOT to turn the bike

you need to lean so you don't fly off in the other direction..

simple law of physics.. bike turns one way your body wants to keep going in the original direction, so you need to hang on with your inside leg/knee and lean into the turn.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Riding a Spyder is like riding an ATV. The bike does not lean, but the rider is more comfortable leaning into the turn. I bend at my waist to lean into the turns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok that is more like what I was assumeing. I know I need to try one out now for sure. IM looking for something the wife and I can tour on

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Blacksmith!!

My husband and I had a back tire blowout while going 72 mph on the highway with the cruise control set. I understand your hesitation - its not an easy one.

I agree with the folks who said lean in; I also drop my hip down off of the inside of the bike in a curve to keep the centrifugal force from kicking in.

Sass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts