Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wanting some advice....I am looking at buying a Spyder and not sure it that is what I should do or buy a smaller bike. I've ridden ATV and snowmobiles and also dirt bikes (but not for awhile). Husband just bought a street bike and I would like to get back into riding. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Welcome aboard! :cool:
If you've got ATVing and snowmobiling experience, then you'd have no problem adapting to the handling charactistics of the Spyders.
I'd have to suggest that you contact some of the female tyders who post here... Sassapants comes qucikly to mind. She'd be one of the best to give you her take on making the right choices to make sure that the Spyyder fits you...
JerseyGirl and Bytemi are also very good at telling their stories...
(And I know that I've missed some other good ones too! :eek:)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
570 Posts
Spyders are not a small bike, but you can ride them how ever you want. Slow speed handling is excellent, however, some people find it hard to get used to as the handling is more like an ATV or snowmobile than a motorcycle. If you spend the extra money for the semi-automatic transmission (SE5) then you only have to push buttons to shift and the clutch is all automatically controlled.

I have the RT Ltd and the comfort is excellent. Long rides are a breeze. There is enough storage to purchase a few bags of groceries with the RT line of Spyders. The RS line also has a fair amount of storage, but not as much as the RT line.

Power is excellent. I have never had problems keeping up with people on other types of bikes unless the road gets really twisty. I was never really fast in corners on 2 wheels, and the Spyder is fast enough for my taste.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Cowtown!

Check your email for my response.

I didn't touch on a couple of things in the email that I've now thought of, so I'll address them here instead of stalking your inbox. :)

With as comfortable as 3 wheels makes you, as far as engine size the 990 Rotex is good.

What kind of riding are you thinking of doing? There are two different models, the RT which is the touring model, with all the bells and whistles for comfort and ease on long rides, and the RS, which is the sportier model. For my interests, the RS is perfect - around town, shorter distance rides (a couple or three hours one way is usually as far as we tend to go) and I like the sportier look. The price tag is going to vary widely, as well, depending on which model interests you.

I would highly suggest taking a test ride before you buy, to at least give you a feel for it. Having said that, it'll still take you a couple or few hundred miles to get the swing of it and be comfortable in the saddle, because it is so different, though your experience on an ATV will certainly cut that time considerably.

Fire away with any questions you can think of, and we'll be happy to talk to you about them!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts