Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 2014 RT with 52,000 miles on it for 12K. Anything I should be worried about? I have a 2006 Goldwing with 90,000 miles and it runs great. Wife prefers 3 wheels. I have never had a Can Am before so any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad you decided to join us. I just sold my Goldwing F6b due to a drop foot condition. Couldn’t shift. Just bought a 2015 F3S and really like it. Read on some of the forums to avoid the 2014 model year. Had a Goldwing trike and this has a much more superior ride and handling. Google search Spyder forums for more information.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,564 Posts
I am looking to buy a 2014 RT with 52,000 miles on it for 12K.
IF the present owner has evidence of regular service and things like tires look to be in good shape......It might be a good buy. Nobody knows for sure though.

The engine and transmission generally are trouble free.
There are some troublesome electronic issues that show up but a lot of owners never see that.

The '13 thru '15 models, I think, had a heat problem and a recall to fix that.
There currently is a recall on the front drive sprocket that might include that model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information, I did buy it and rove it home 240 miles. Ran very well saw no issues. I will probably get my local dealer to do an inspection and check the recalls.

I know i will be on here of and on now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has the 1330 CC engine, and it has the operator guide with it. Riding it was nice took about 50 miles to feel comfortable enough to put the wife on. Looking forward to weekend rides now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts