Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a new guy. I'm looking at a used 2012 RT Audio and Convenience. It has a bit over 37,000 and is in decent shape - may need a little engine tuning. Asking price is $15,000 at a dealer. Are they in the right ballpark? Anything I should double check before signing a deal? Any and all help is very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
There is no such thing as "engine tuning".
If there is anything not right with it.....ANYTHING..... pass on it unless they fix it first.

And ask them if they will still work in it a few years down the road.
Some dealers won't.

You can look up the price on KBB or Edmunds or NADA.
I don't remember which one of them has a listing for Spyders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It seemed to smell like it was burning a little rich, but we were in the showroom. I'll talk to them a bit more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would normally say the price is a little high. I paid not much more than that for a 2012 RT limited model with 25,000km’s a few years back. That said times are different now with COVID and the mark up it’s caused on all things recreational.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As noted, that's too high, BUT tha parts world is in a frenzy. As Easy suggested, make sure they'll still work on it. The engine has another 50k on it, but everything else is a little suspect by now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The asking price, is a rip-off. Run, don't walk away from that Spyder. As Easy Rider said, there's no such thing as engine tuning on a Spyder. For the asking price one should be able to find a later Spyder RT with the 1330 ACE Engine and six speed semi-automatic transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts