Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after trading in my Goldwing for the Spyder I was frustrated with the lack of an outside helmet locking system. After many tries we finally figured out how to get two full-face helmets in the Frunk. That said we bought two "anti-theft helmet bags" from lidsafe. They are perfect when you lock them into the riders hand-grips. If you are interested the model is #PH000BK.

Just passing on what we are trying in case you are interested.

will

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have used a simple bicycle lock through the passenger hand grip as well. the old style cable lock. Only protects the helmet from theft, not from weather and stupid people.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
where did you run the cable?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I ran the cable through the passenger grab handle on my RT. On my old Aprilia Falco, I ran it through the soft luggage mounts.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I wonder if the helmet bag deal has a long enough cable to run through there and to the handle bars as well?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Helmet

We used small dog collars through the D rings to extend enough to use the helmet holders under the seat. I will post a picture when able. While not a cable, it should at least slow them down enough to give me time to draw.

Patrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts