Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner, only have it 10 days, on the way back for service a second time. One clean ride , otherwise, VSS, DSP, & Limp Mode....
Could I be provoking these error messages.
First service I was told the computer needed calibration, but same old errors...
Anyone have any idea's....

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Provoking them??? Well what did you do???:eek: :D
If you were out under fairly decent conditions and weren't trying to make the front page of your local paper I doubt that you could provoke "Nanny" hard enough to notice...
I don't know anything about electronics other than to keep my tongue out of wall sockets so I'm not the person to give advice about what might have set things off...
But I'd still guess that there are some sensors that either need to be talking to one another or just need to be woke up by a reboot.
Let us know what they find and good luck!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
New rider, new bike, I was just tooling around at 35 mph getting used to it's characteristics.
This is the second trip to service for the same issue, they re calibrated the computer and test drove it but it occurrs after about 2-3 miles into the ride so I guess they didn't test long enough.
Will post the fix, I hope next week.
Just a note about the dealer:
Island Powersports in Long Island NY, they are going the extra mile to take care of the problem, the whole buying experience was exceptional, may have just got a 2010 lemon....
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have hear of this with the sensors for the VSS, Anitlock brakes and such. Spyders have 2 sensors on the rear tire and one on each of the front have the alingment of the rear sensors checked out. Good luck and I hope this gets worked out for you.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was picked up yesturday late am, have not heard anything yet but I will post what I hope is the fix...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts