Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a real easy way to modify your lift table to accept the Spyder.

I had previously purchased the side extensions so I could work on the Garden tractor and ATV and all that was needed was (2) 5' lengths of 1 1/4" O.D. (1" I.D.) pipe, threaded both ends and (4) pipe caps. It you have a table that doesn't have side extensions I believe this would still work with (3) peices of pipe (an extra pipe in the center for add'l. support) and some heavy duty "U" bolts and 3/4" or 1" plywood or diamond plate extensions.

Two 5' 2X8's with ramp brackets work well to keep the front from dragging and the table ramp handles the rear wheel so the Spyder rolls on & off without difficulty.

This is an air lift table, 1200# capacity if I remember correctly, and handles the Spyder easily

Only thing left to do is fit a couple plywood panels in the gaps to hold tools & stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Very nice! Will have to show the picture to my wife. Christmas is coming soon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice indeed... :cool:
Now if I only had the mechanical ability... :eek:
Not that I'm a master wrench or anything but bring it up here Bob, you're only a couple hours away! I'd be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'll be darned!! Looking thru the oil change section of my owners manual and noticed the lift table on page #96 is set up the same way! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts