Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife is a lefty and the few times she has put the bike in the garage she has had trouble with not giving it too much gas

i think other than she is nervous since she is a lefty and does not have the control she needs to control the throttle gently

I am wondering if there are any other true lefties here and what they have done to not pop wheelies ( i know you cant do that ) instead of just a very gentle twist.

she want to get her license eventually but I don't think she will be able to because of our 3 part test system we have, but I still want her to learn how to ride it just in case something happens..

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Bob's right, it has nothing to do with being left handed. Practice, Practice, Practice! I also am a life long leftie and the addition I added for the Can AM gives me slightly less than an inch clearance on each side and since there is a tree in front of the shed you have to line up at a weird angle to get in and out. The right wheel has to come within about an inch from a shelf to be able to close the door so good throttle control is essential.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had plenty of space for the old two wheeler. But the Spyders are like trying to fit a car in the garage. Before re-arranging "stuff", I was down to about 2 inches per side. Now it is about 5 inches per side. Still have to be careful.

I do like to ride the brake while parking in tight spots.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes it is a tight fit but it was the only thing I could do. According to our zoning laws I couldn't add on to my garage because of the 5 foot requirement on the side. There was a loop hole that allowed me to build a "storage shed" next to the garage and go right up to the property line as long as it was only so many square feet. So I built a lean to shed against the garage, cut the wall out of the garage into the shed, poured a concrete floor, roll up door then insulated and put up sheet rock. From the inside it looks just like part of the garage but on the outside it looks like a shed.

I guess I could take the big old tree that is right at the corner of the property but I like that tree and can navigate around it pretty well as long as I am carefull.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL @ Bob

ummmm since you not riding a HD you are a hard core Spyder Man !!

hehe

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Palidin, I agree with all of the above - she just needs plenty of practice. I'm a righty, and it took me awhile to get the hang of controlling the throttle when I first started riding... tell her to keep with it, she'll get there!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts