Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 1st service completed on my 2013 ST and took it on a ride sat and sunday. After both rides I noticed it was leaking small amounts of green liquid. The weather was not very hot, but i did ride it a little harder than normal. The tempature gauge never went above half. Any suggestions on what the issue may be? Is this something worth taking it back to the shop?
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
If its anything like mine and the hundreds of others I've read about, your water pump shaft is defective and will need replacing. Mine was leaking coolant into the oil at the same time. It took mine over a month to get the parts and repairs done. Dealer told me part was on back order due to the amount of problems.
I would take to the dealer ASAP as you could be causing more damage if coolant is getting into your oil tank. They are more than likely familiar with the problem. Sorry for the bad news but I'd about bet a wooden nickel you are gonna need a new shaft and new pump.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Past Spyders have had cracked coolant tanks but the big one is a lose hose clamp on the right side on the Trike. The hose is one of the few that came with a worm clamp. The dealer will take care of the leak. If it is the hose it only took a few minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Before you jump to thinking the worst since you just had your service i would check the coolent tank cap this is the easyiest to check and was probally opened at service.
The cap has two detents to be locked an could have not been closed properly also it is hard to get your hands on so maybe it wasent locked properly good luck and if this is not the problem have it checked at your dealer.
mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.