Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm working on starting a Las Vegas chapter of Spyder Ryder's of America. I'm posting this in the the general forum since you don't actually have to live in Las Vegas, or even Nevada to be a member of the chapter.

Again I am trying to form this chapter. Need a minimum of 5 members to establish a board of directors who will determine the by laws of the chapter, which will be sent to the national club for approval.

If you are interested in being a part of the chapter or on the board of directors, please pm me. Replying to this thread could also help generate more momentum for the founding of this chapter.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What a great idea. So would this be a true motorcycle club or just a rider's club? I guess there are more than semantics to the differences between the two.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm honestly not sure of the difference, but if I'm understanding correctly, it would be more of a true motorcycle club as opposed to just a group of riders. Spyder Ryders of America is a national organization. What constitutes a member would be determined in the chapter bylaws, but I'm thinking members would have to be spyder owners or those that ride frequently 2up with the owner (like a spouse for example).

Oh, and mishapman, I already sent you a PM about it on SpyderTalk. Pretty generic PM though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does sound cool. I think I'm probably more of an informal riding guy. I do like the idea of a group of local Spyder riders, I don't think I'm a club guy though. I know...I've got commitment issues. LOL.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My concept for the chapter is pretty informal. More a way to give an indentity to the group that will help draw other Spyder riders together. I've seen lots of Vegas post (most pretty old) asking about a club or people saying they are thinking about starting one, then nothing happens. I'm just trying to make something happen so we can actually get a big group of spyders riding together. Sent quite a few pms last night across various boards. Sure it's only been over night, but kinda bummed I haven't gotten any response yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually up to 6 definitely interested parties counting myself now. And two parties that want to ride but dont really want do deal with politics, counting yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts