Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new owner of a used RS, any suggestions on how I can put the ignition key on some sort of key chain, there is no hole, it's solid. It would ne nice to be able to hook it on my belt.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah I noticed the lack of a hole and then the "sheath" they supply. I know the worst thing you can do is have dangly keys off a chain anywhere near shiny or painted surfaces on a motorcycle.............never ends well?

Put a nice dent in the tank of my brand new 84 V45 Magna that way. All was good until I turned the handlebars and the keys got wedged between the tank and the bars!:eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
have you ever thought about making it into a switch blade key, kinda like how cars have them? I've seen advertisements for companies that do these with almost any key. Might be a cool way to keep your key on the ring and have it look better at the same time ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacement key

Hi don't bother with spyder key just go to good locksmith have a fiat chipped blank cut and coded to your original key problem solved and half the cost of spyder key I own a rss and the key works fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.