CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just purchased my RT last week and taking it in tomorrow for the 600 oil chamge and check up .have an issue with the air suspension leaking air they are supppose to fix that tomorrow ,tried to get side panels off but not a tool in tool kit to fit ,small pin in cente of screw head I assume that must be pushed in to release the screw,any comments,little uncomfortable about the turns and curves after riding Bike but assume will get used to that.Any suggestions on exhaust to get a better sound (want to make Harleys sound sick) would like nice full mellow sound ,heard a 2 brothers on a spyder that sounded nice any other suggestions?
Jack

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi
Just purchased my RT last week and taking it in tomorrow for the 600 oil chamge and check up .have an issue with the air suspension leaking air they are supppose to fix that tomorrow ,tried to get side panels off but not a tool in tool kit to fit ,small pin in cente of screw head I assume that must be pushed in to release the screw,any comments,little uncomfortable about the turns and curves after riding Bike but assume will get used to that.Any suggestions on exhaust to get a better sound (want to make Harleys sound sick) would like nice full mellow sound ,heard a 2 brothers on a spyder that sounded nice any other suggestions?
Jack
Jack,
Those screw heads with the pins in the center are NOT made to be removed---instead they hold a push in post that slides into a grommet on the frame. Most of the panels are held in place by these posts and grommets.
Start by removing the mirrors and then remove the visible black torx screws. The panels will come off with slight pulling pressure where they are held by the posts.
Your owners manual should have panel removal details. If you have specific questions, please ask and I will do what I can to assist. I have had all of the panels off of my machine and it is not hard, but there is a sequence that has to be followed or you can damage the panels.
C-YA RL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on the grommets ,didn;t really know how to go about it.Just hope the air leak isn't a big pronlemm ,will find out today
Jack

·
Registered
33 Posts
shock

Hello. Did they replace your rear shock. I weigh about 250 so keep mine at full pressure. It loses about 1/2 of that in 2-3 days. It is being replaced.
ed mcmillan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no they did not replace the shock they put a kit in it,still will lose most of air pressure in one day will take it back when cold weather comes and retire it for the winter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts