Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought my gas mileage suffered post JBPro installation and I've confirmed it has.

Before the JBPro I was averaging 28.5 mpg across 17 fuel ups.

After install on preset 1 (have a green filter, no aftermarket exhaust) I'm averaging 25.9 mpg across 13 fuel ups.

The difference is highly statistically significant, with a p value = 0.003. Statistical significance is considered to be a p of 0.05 or less.

I think I'm going to be turning off my JB Pro for a while at the next fill up, just to see what happens. At my 3000 mile maintenance, I guess my plugs were getting fouled too. Wonder if the JBPro could be a culprit in that too.

Hope you enjoyed my useless bit of statistical analysis. LOL

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
ummmmm

my head hurts now :confused:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if the JB Pro needs to be run at a certain RPM to work better.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I looked into getting one of those, but my shop said unless you go all the way and get a high performence exhaust and get the proper tuning done all you do is throw money down the toilet becuase all it does is fire more gas into the engine but it won't burn it all up so nuttin but issues will crop up

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
LOL !!!

yeah it sux for sure

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First fuel up after turning off the JB Pro was a stinky 24.5 mpg tank. No better than the previous tank with the JBPro on. Not a whole lot different in where I rode highway versus city. Not a whole lot different in how I rode last tank. I'll have to hook up to my computer to make sure the thing is indeed off.

I'm getting a little miffed. Anyone have any ideas of why my fuel economy might be performing so poorly?

·
Registered
58 Posts
juice box

Why would you even buy a jB to use with a stock exhaust? Aren't they used to correct a lean condition caused by free flowing exhaust? Make an exhaust yourself for 65 bucks, and see how it runs. I'll bet it screams:cool:see my thread on h m exhaust, my mods board on spyderlovers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I just had a 29.5 mpg tank. Amen. I think I discovered my issue. I ride two up most of the time. This last tank, I had no pillion. JB Pro off...and got my best tank in what seems like forever. I hope it continues.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have not paid much attention to mileage with our without a pillion. I'll have to check it out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
A couple points based on a year of using a JB Pro on a 2010 RT.
- Even if you set the JB Pro to Zero-Map it is still active, the only way to fully shut it down is to disconnect or remove it.

- The plug fouling is likely from the JB, I had the same thing happening. if you get into building custom maps you can properly tune the mixture, anything else is guess work.

- There is little point to using a JB Pro with the stock exhaust. You will not get the power benefit unless you open up the airflow exhaust as well as intake.

- JB Pro customer service is little help and never is willing to talk details of adjusting or tuning using the JB.

- I hear much better things about the Power Commander with Autotune than the JB Pro.

Just some comments for what its worth....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts